The goal of the Elementary Education program is to prepare future teachers of elementary children in grades 2-6 with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to teach children.
Benefits of the program include:
- a structured curriculum;
- current knowledge in the field;
- opportunities for leadership;
- interaction with diverse teachers and students in partner schools; and
- instructional modeling.
- 50 credit hours of work in general education
- 6 additional credit hours of work (geography and second semester of a foreign language)
- 69 credit hours of course work within the Division of Education
- 3 credit hours of an elective
An education major needs a total of 128 hours to graduate.