“But the Lord is in His holy temple; let all the earth keep silent before Him.” Habakkuk 2:20
You are now seated in God’s house. If at no other time, now is the time when you should experience a “different” closeness. We are here to give praise, honor and glory to our Maker, our Creator, and our Friend.
Therefore, you are expected to:
- Arrive on time.
- Begin seating from the wall end of the pew and fill in toward the aisle. This will avoid others having to cross over you.
- Put books and bags on the floor in front of you to make room for others.
- Turn off or silence all cell phones.
- Do not text-message. Text-messaging will distract you from hearing God’s message to you. Your friends can wait. A connection with God is more urgent.
- Please refrain from idle talking during the service. Not only you do not hear the message, but your talking also keeps others from hearing and enjoying it.
- Do not walk while the prayer is given or while Scripture is read.
- Please do not chew gum and eat during the services.
- Dress appropriately. No doo-rags, scarves, hats, bandannas, flip-flops, sagging pants, mini skirts, revealing blouses. Give God your best.
- Assume an attitude of worship - focus, listen, pray, sing.
At the end of the service, please:
- Leave your cultural enrichment slips in a stack at the aisle end of the pew. Do not leave your slip in the songbook!
- Leave the song books in a neat pile at the aisle end of the pew.
- The front right hand section should exit through the hallway and door to the right.
- The front left hand section should exit through the door to the left.
- The back right and back left hand sections should exit through the main entrance.
- If we practice a little patience and move swiftly row by row, this will avoid a “traffic jam” in the aisle and everyone will dismiss more quickly.
- Remember: God is watching you. He knows, sees and hears EVERYTHING.