The goals of the Mass Communication major are to:
1. Aid and assist students to fully comprehend the nature and scope of mass media and its impact on
a changing society;
2. Prepare graduates who are independent professional communicators capable of growing and
changing to meet the demands of a global society.
3. Serve the College and community by providing knowledge and expertise in the area.
The major in Mass Communication requires:
* 50 hours of General Education courses
* 27 hours of core requirements
*45 hours of required related courses in Mass Communication.
At least 122 hours are needed to graduate.
To view more detailed information on this major, visit the academic catalog beginning on page 72. Click here to view the academic catalog.