The goals of the Biology Major are:
1. To equip the graduate with the appropriate knowledge, skills and background to pursue graduate studies in Biology or in professional schools for medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, allied health or other related areas;
2. To improve the acquisition of critical thinking skills necessary for the understanding and practice of science;
A major in Biology consists of:
* At least 45 semester hours of course work in Biology (four of which are elective hours)
* 20 semester hours of course work in Chemistry
*8 semester hours of Physics
* 6 semester hours of Computer Science
*9 hours of Mathematics.
A graduate is also required to complete the College’s General Education requirements and three (3) elective semester hours outside of the division. The total number of hours needed to fulfill degree requirements for a major in Biology is 127 hours.
To view more detailed information on this major, visit the academic catalog beginning on page 75. Click here to view the academic catalog.