For Transfer Students
If you've attended another college and found the fit to be not quite right, you might want to consider finishing your degree at Voorhees, where our classes are small enough to afford you the individual attention you're seeking.
Transfer credits will be awarded for comparable work at an accredited institution in which the student has earned at least a “C" grade. Transfer students must be in good standing at their previous institutions. Transfer students are classified on the basis of the number of credit hours accepted from the other institutions.
- Application for admission.
- Official transcript from each post-secondary school attended.
- Completed confidential report from each post-secondary school attended.
- Transfer students with less than 30 semester hours of college credit must submit high school records with rank in class and grade point average.
- Medical form.
- $25 application fee payable by cashier’s check, money order or credit card.
Voorhees College has a rolling admissions schedule; therefore, there is no application deadline for fall and spring semesters. The college accepts qualified applicants year round.
Notification of Admission
The Office of Admissions will let applicants know whether they've been admitted within two weeks after all required credentials have been received. A letter of acceptance will be sent to the applicants who are accepted for admission or re-admission, along with the financial aid forms and a housing application if one is desired. Voorhees College admits qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, creed, handicap or ethnic origin.
Transfer students may be admitted provisionally pending evaluation of their transcripts. Every effort is made to inform a transfer student of the amount of credit hours that can be transferred at the time of acceptance.
To earn degrees, transfer students must earn their final 30 hours of credit at Voorhees College. They must also complete:
- All Voorhees general education requirements
- Program requirements for their majors
- Total required credit hours – 124 minimum – to earn a degree.