CARES Act Report
Voorhees College Higher Education Relief Funds
The information posted below is in compliance with Section 18004(e) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES).
- Voorhees College has signed and submitted to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement form as required. The institution assures that we will use no less than 50% of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide emergency financial aid grants to students.
- Voorhees College has received $1,124,053 from the Department of Education pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement, of which $562,027 must be distributed to students.
- As of today, the institution has distributed $562,027 to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- There are an estimated 421 students at the institution who are or could be eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, and thus eligible to receive emergency financial aid grants under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- As of today, 421 students have received an emergency financial aid grant.
- Based on the requirements under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act, the institution determined the students who are or could be eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA) and incurred expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to the coronavirus as of March 13th 2020. The institution determined the amount of the grants based on students Title IV eligibility and/or need considering their EFC/or student and parent (AGI) adjusted gross income reported on the student FAFSA. Students showing the greatest need received up to $1,400.00.7.
- The college informed all Title IV eligible students and their parents of the CARES Act Grant availability via their email provided on their FAFSA application. The email provided students with a response link to acknowledge that they had received the CARES ACT Grant communication.