Website Voorhees University
An Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
ABOUT VOORHEES UNIVERSITY
Voorhees University is a private, diverse, historically black, coeducational, liberal arts, baccalaureate degree-granting institution affiliated with the Episcopal Church. Located in rural Denmark, South Carolina, the University serves traditional and nontraditional students primarily from South Carolina and the southeastern region of the United States. The University offers each student a comprehensive general education experience coupled with professional education in the values-centered liberal arts environment that supports educational opportunities designed to help prepare students to function in a diverse and increasingly technological society. Accordingly, the University seeks to produce highly qualified graduates who coalesce intellect and faith in pursuit of life-long learning, healthy living, the betterment of society, and an abiding faith in God.
PRESIDENTIAL CHARGE AND SCOPE OF APPOINTMENT
In accordance with the University’s mission, Dr. Ronnie Hopkins, 10th President of Voorhees University has issued the charge and call to action articulated through the University’s mantra: Begin. Believe. Become. that will advance Voorhees University to The Next Level of Excellence. In order to level up, in full transparency, the University has identified existing phenomena that challenge our Institution to seek investment from external stakeholders as well as increased cooperation and collaboration with business, community, and industry to provide learning opportunities, service prospects, and currency of curriculum to create a more forward-looking, future-oriented institution of higher education. Indeed, the strategic plan serves as the A.T.L.A.S. to the Next Level of Excellence to mitigate the aforementioned circumstances and reality for our HBCU and certainly truly embrace transformation to realize the Next Level of Excellence.
Position: Executive Assistant to the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs
Department/Division: Office of the Provost/Academic Affairs
Salary Range: $48,000 – $58,000
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Position Duration: Full-time
Position Schedule: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (Extended hours, weekends, and travel may be required)
- Provides advanced, diversified administrative support as the office manager responsible for office coverage during hours of operation, phone and email correspondence, web content updates, and positive customer relations;
- Manages the Provost’s scheduling and correspondence and a complex division calendar to ensure prioritization of meetings, events, and visitors;
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepares travel itineraries and relevant documents
- Manages HR processes for the Division of Academic Affairs to ensure adherence to institutional policies, as well as accurate and timely submissions of forms and document;
- Manages faculty and staff files, including confidential employment files, faculty credentials and qualifications documentation, and faculty and staff evaluations;
- Prepares for meetings and takes minutes, plans and implements logistics for meetings, events, conferences and workshops provided by Office of the Provost;
- Facilitates completion and submission of Cabinet, Board of Trustee, Title III Activity, and Budgetary, and Accreditation reporting;
- Facilitates approval and signatures required of the Provost for requisitions, travel and academic processes;
- Keeps the Provost informed of all matters requiring attention;
- Performs additional duties as requested by the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of administrative assistant or office-related experience;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, sensitivity and discretion;
- Project management skills and ability to meet deadlines, as well as the ability to keep administrators on task with their meeting preparations and project deadlines;
- Ability to provide leadership, train other administrative staff, and delegate workloads;
- Excellent interpersonal and proven customer service skills with the ability to communicate in a professional manner with all institutional stakeholders to include students, faculty, staff, Executive Cabinet, Board of Trustees, and guests;
- Event planning and facilitation experience;
- Effective organization and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work independently with limited supervision and to make decisions affecting the Office;
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint – or similar programs;
- Detail oriented in own work as well as in reviewing work of others;
- Willingness to work some early mornings, late evening or weekend hours for special events;
- Strong understanding and command of the English language, including spelling, grammar and letter writing; and excellent proofreading skills;
- Must promote accountability and integrity in advancing an overall commitment to the College’s core values with an additional familiarity, dedication, and loyalty to the institution’s history and traditions steeped in the Episcopal church.
- Standard Office Environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please submit an employment application, cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the position, and resume to apply.
To apply for this job please visit voorhees.edu.