Website Voorhees University
An Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
ABOUT VOORHEES UNIVERSITY
Voorhees University is a private, diverse, historically black, coeducational, liberal arts, baccalaureate degree-granting institution affiliated with the Episcopal Church. Located in rural Denmark, South Carolina, the University serves traditional and nontraditional students primarily from South Carolina and the southeastern region of the United States. The University offers each student a comprehensive general education experience coupled with professional education in the values-centered liberal arts environment that supports educational opportunities designed to help prepare students to function in a diverse and increasingly technological society. Accordingly, the University seeks to produce highly qualified graduates who coalesce intellect and faith in pursuit of life-long learning, healthy living, the betterment of society, and an abiding faith in God.
PRESIDENTIAL CHARGE AND SCOPE OF APPOINTMENT
In accordance with the University’s mission, Dr. Ronnie Hopkins, 10th President of Voorhees University has issued the charge and call to action articulated through the University’s mantra: Begin. Believe. Become. that will advance Voorhees University to The Next Level of Excellence. President Hopkins believes and expects that Voorhees University will be nationally recognized as a premier, comprehensive liberal arts institution focused on student success, excellence and integrity. Through this charge, greater emphasis will be placed on high performing learners, highly accomplished faculty and staff, an involved community, and a supportive and dedicated alumni base. To that end, the Voorhees University Division of Academic Affairs seeks qualified faculty and staff who will be committed to designing, developing, and offering programs of study that will strengthen the preparation of our students for their chosen career fields, and maximize their potential for success through increased opportunities for certifications and minors in high demand. Academic Excellence at Voorhees University’s Division of Academic Affairs will be achieved and maintained through efficient management of the division, continual assessment and realignment of the curriculum, development of the faculty, and maximized curricular and co-curricular student engagement, locally, nationally, and internationally.
FLSA Classification: Salaried, Exempt (with opportunity of external funding)
Position Type/Duration: Full Time/Nine (9) Months or Part Time/Semester
Position Schedule: Courses scheduled as needed: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm Monday – Saturday.
RANK AND SALARY RANGE
- Instructor — $32,000 – $38,000 per academic year
- Assistant Professor — $39,000 – $43,000 per academic year
- Associate Professor — $44,000 – $47,000 per academic year
- Professor — $48,000 – $52,000 per academic year
- Teach undergraduate courses in Computer Science/Cybersecurity.
- Communicate the concepts of applied Computer Science/Cybersecurity by facilitating real life situations in study and instructional delivery.
- Support student engagement and co-curricular activities.
- Establish guided career pathways for students to matriculate to graduate/professional studies and rewarding employment.
- Provide internship, service learning, and experiential learning opportunities for students.
- Support recruitment, retention, and guided career pathways initiatives.
- Advertise and maintain office hours.
- Assist in curriculum review and development.
- Actively participate in university assemblies and activities.
- Actively engage in effective teaching, innovative research, and relevant service.
- Provide collegial and professional support to the Dean and fully abide by the academic regulations of the School of Science, Technology, Health and Human Services and support to the Division of Academic Affairs.
- Provide the University assistance in carrying out its strategic initiatives as applicable.
- Doctoral or terminal degree in Computer Science/Cybersecurity preferred.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Cybersecurity or variable Master’s degree with 18 or more semester graduate hours in Computer Science/Cybersecurity considered.
- Three (3) or more years of teaching experience in higher education.
- Experience in academic advisement, recruitment, retention, and guided career pathways.
- Experience in supervising undergraduate research projects and conducting original research.
- Commitment to excellence in university teaching to an active scholarly agenda, and to working in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity.
- Capability for quality-applied research, effective teaching, and relevant service.
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning.
- Collaborative work ethic and evidence of scholarly activity.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please submit an employment application, cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the position, curriculum vitae, and graduate transcript(s) to apply.
To apply for this job please visit voorhees.edu.