Website Voorhees University
An Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
ABOUT VOORHEES UNIVERSITY
Voorhees University is a private, diverse, historically black, coeducational, liberal arts, baccalaureate degree-granting institution affiliated with the Episcopal Church. Located in rural Denmark, South Carolina, the University serves traditional and nontraditional students primarily from South Carolina and the southeastern region of the United States. The University offers each student a comprehensive general education experience coupled with professional education in the values-centered liberal arts environment that supports educational opportunities designed to help prepare students to function in a diverse and increasingly technological society. Accordingly, the University seeks to produce highly qualified graduates who coalesce intellect and faith in pursuit of lifelong learning, healthy living, the betterment of society, and an abiding faith in God.
PRESIDENTIAL CHARGE AND SCOPE OF APPOINTMENT
In accordance with the University’s mission, Dr. Ronnie Hopkins, 10th President of Voorhees University has issued the charge and call to action articulated through the University’s mantra: Begin. Believe. Become. that will advance Voorhees University to The Next Level of Excellence. In order to level up, in full transparency, the University has identified existing phenomena that challenge our Institution to seek investment from external stakeholders as well as increased cooperation and collaboration with business, community, and industry to provide learning opportunities, service prospects, and currency of curriculum to create a more forward-looking, future-oriented institution of higher education. Indeed, the strategic plan serves as the A.T.L.A.S. to the Next Level of Excellence to mitigate the aforementioned circumstances and reality for our HBCU and certainly truly embrace transformation to realize the Next Level of Excellence.
FLSA Classification: Salaried, Exempt (with opportunity of external funding)
Position Type/Duration: Full Time/Nine (9) Months
Position Schedule: Courses scheduled as needed: 8:00 am – 9:00 pm Monday – Saturday.
RANK AND SALARY RANGE
- Instructor — $32,000 – $38,000 per academic year
- Assistant Professor — $39,000 – $43,000 per academic year
- Associate Professor — $44,000 – $47,000 per academic year
- Professor — $48,000 – $52,000 per academic year
- Qualified to teach and design undergraduate courses in Public Health for the Bachelor of Science in Public Health and Minor in Public Health programs.
- Approach facilitation of Public Health as an exciting, diverse, dynamic and growing field and a discipline that creates a healthy community focusing on health and prevention.
- Establish guided career pathways for students to matriculate to graduate/professional studies and rewarding employment.
- Support student engagement and co-curricular activities.
- Provide internship, service learning, and experiential learning opportunities for students.
- Support recruitment, retention, and guided career pathways initiatives.
- Advertise and maintain office hours.
- Assist in curriculum review and development.
- Actively participate in college assemblies and activities.
- Actively engage in effective teaching, innovative research, and relevant service.
- Provide collegial and professional support to the Dean and fully abide by the academic regulations of the School of Science, Technology, Health and Human Services and support to the Division of Academic Affairs.
- Doctoral or terminal degree in Public Health preferred.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or variable Master’s degree with 18 or more semester graduate hours in Public Health considered.
- Three (3) or more years of teaching experience in higher education.
- Experience in academic advisement, recruitment, retention, and guided career pathways.
- Experience in supervising undergraduate research projects and conducting original research.
- Commitment to excellence in college teaching to an active scholarly agenda, and to working in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity.
- Capability for quality-applied research, effective teaching, and relevant service.
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching and learning.
- Collaborative work ethic and evidence of scholarly activity.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit an employment application, cover letter detailing your interest and qualifications for the position, curriculum vitae, and relevant transcript to apply.
To apply for this job please visit voorhees.edu.