151441e7 9756 4ae1 8cf0 f40203ce4bfb

Grants are need-based financial aid that does not have to be repaid after you graduate. There are a number of state and federal grants available. They’re awarded from formulas that take into account your family’s income.

Pell Grants

The Federal Pell Grant program is designed to help economically disadvantaged students pay for college. It’s the foundation of most financial aid packages. The U.S. Department of Education uses a formula, established by Congress, to determine if you are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant and to calculate how much you and your family are expected to pay – Expected Family Contribution or EFC. The amount of the Pell Grant you receive will depend on the EFC, the estimated cost of your education, your enrollment status, and whether you attend school for a full academic year or less. 

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant is for undergraduate students with exceptional need – those with the lowest Expected Family Contributions. Priority is given to students who receive Pell Grants and to freshmen and sophomores.

South Carolina Tuition Grants

The South Carolina Tuition Grants provide need-based aid to eligible South Carolina residents who are full-time students attending certain in-state colleges. To qualify, freshmen applicants must rank in the upper three-fourth of their high school classes or score at least 900 on the SAT or at least 19 on the ACT or graduate from high school with at least a 2.7 or higher grade point average (GPA). Continuing students must pass 24 credit hours and maintain satisfactory academic progress as mandated by the college. The application for the South Carolina Tuition Grant is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Voorhees students from other states should contact their state agencies for state grant opportunities.

Scroll to Top