For Prospective Freshmen
If you are a high school student or graduate who has never attended college, you must apply to Voorhees as a freshman. The process is simple, and most of what you need to complete your application is available on our Web site. We will begin reviewing your application once we receive all required documents.
- Graduate from an accredited high school or have a GED certificate.
- High school record of 20 or more units in grades 9 through 12.
- Admissions application.
- High school transcript with notice of rank in class or a GED certificate.
- Recommendation letter from a high school counselor, teacher or principal.
- Medical form.
- $25 application fee payable by cashier’s check, money order or credit card.
- Scores from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or the American College Test (ACT). Voorhees' codes are 5863 for the SAT and 3882 for the ACT. You'll need to include those numbers on your test forms so the scores are submitted to Voorhees.
Send the completed documents to
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 678
Denmark, SC 29042
Voorhees College has a rolling admissions schedule; therefore, there is no application deadline for fall and spring semesters. The college accepts qualified applicants year round.
Notification of Admission
The Office of Admissions will let applicants know whether they've been admitted within two weeks after all required credentials have been received. A letter of acceptance will be sent to applicants who are accepted for admission or re-admission, along with the financial aid forms and a housing application if one is desired. Voorhees College admits qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, creed, handicap or ethnic origin.